Tuesday, August 23, 2011
This quilt has been a long time coming! Most of the blocks were finished last May/June. I started out making squares in squares with varying widths of strips. My plan was to cut all the blocks up and "bento" them back together. I guess I sort of got a bit lazy and also like the way the blocks looked slashed in half. I kept some of the blocks as squares and sewed them together. I quilted half of it in November and the other half in December. Binding was sewn on in January some time. And, since we also got rid of our cable box in January, there was no hand-sewing-while-tv-watching going on, so it took until a few weeks ago to finish stiching the binding down on the back.
It's been on the couch.
Denyse Schmidt. The solids are all Kona except for the taupe color which is a Kaffe Fassett Shot cotton.
The back is AMH Flannel. Flannel for a quilt back is awesome. This print went so well with the colors from the front! Quilted all over stipple.