Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt- Week 5




Block #9 and #10

#9- Box
This block's colors are my favorite!  I placed the green print fabric on so many different blues
 and ended up with this one.  I love how it turned out!!
#10- Bowtie

     I tried paper-piecing a few of these blocks.  I'm sure if I were more comfortable with paper piecing, I would prefer to do it.....but I think I like cutting the templates.  I've been using the templates and cutting about 1/4" larger that required.  After that, I piece and trim and piece and trim.  It's working out better for me, but for the life of me, I cannot get my points to line up.

It is so fun to see how different all these blocks can be, just by changing up the fabrics!
If you haven't - check out the flickr group - some seriously amazing quilts are being made!

xo-Raven

0 comments:

Post a Comment